In this article we will describe how you can avoid motorcycle insurance disqualifications. We will underline the importance of never changing either address or anything on the motorcycle without update your car insurance company. The risk is otherwise that the insurance company can invalidate your motorcycle insurance premium.
- You should always inform your motorcycle insurance company if you change your risk address.
- The information you gave the motorcycle insurance company should always be accurate about you and your motorcycle.
- You should always do your best to protect your motorcycle during the night. Choose the right neighborhood if you choose street parking but the best solution is of course to keep your motorcycle in a garage.
- Any security advices should be activated and in use. All security procedures should be taken to protect your motorcycle from attempt of theft or theft.
- If there is a attempt of theft or theft against your motorcycle. Then you must report the incident to the police within 48 hours. Otherwise it is most likely that the motorcycle insurance company will invalidate your insurance policy.
- Your motorcycle should always be in the right condition. What means by right or worthy condition is defined in detail in your motorcycle insurance policy.
- You should always notify your motorcycle insurance company of any accidents or losses no matter if it is fault or non fault. The insurance company need to have the information.
An example of how a motorcycle insurance company can invalidate your motorcycle insurance policy
If you inform your motorcycle insurance company that your motorcycle got a security alarm installed and it's active on your motorcycle. Then let us say you were unlucky and was involved in a motorcycle accident. During the claim and decision process, the engineers will find out if the motorcycle security alarm never were installed. Based on this information, the motorcycle insurance company can invalidate your motorcycle insurance policy.
Some last words before you buy a motorcycle insurance
Never buy your motorcycle insurance at the last moment. Compare the different motorcycle insurance premiums. Do everything you can to avoid future problems in case of a claim. If you already have bought your motorcycle insurance, remember to check that the information you gave the motorcycle insurance company is up to date. Especially check that your risk address is correct.